Everyone wishes to have flawless skin. If you are worried about your uneven skin tone or patches then you are at right place. In this article, you will get some remedies to get rid of hyperpigmentation. Having an uneven skin tone due to pigmentation is very common among people. It is very easy to get perfect skin, but you need to take care of your skin. Everyone faces some skin problems such as pigmentation, freckles, uneven skin tone and dark spots. It can be very embarrassing to move out with pigmentation scars.
Hyperpigmentation referred to as darkening of the skin, which is caused by the overproduction of a pigment in the skin called as melanin. Ultraviolet rays are one of common factor to increase the melanin production that leads to hyperpigmentation. It is not a serious problem, but it makes you look dull and old. It can occur at any age. There are numerous treatments like chemical peels, over the counter creams, some home remedies and natural remedies. Doctors recommend laser treatments to reduce hyperpigmentation but it is very expensive.
Types of Pigmentation:
Pigmentation is caused due to sun exposure, hormonal changes, stress and genetics during pregnancy, menopause, birth control pills and insulin resistance.
There are two types of pigmentation.
- Hyperpigmentation- It is a condition in which the area of a skin gets darken due to overproduction of melanin or pigment.
- Hypopigmentation- It is a condition in which scars on the skin becomes whiter or lighter in color than the normal skin color.
Causes of Hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to the sun
- Hormonal changes
- Picking at the skin
- Inflammation and skin injuries like acne vulgaris.
- Certain medications such as hormone treatments, anti-seizure drugs and antibiotics.
Fastest Ways to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation:
1.) Medical Treatments to Treat Hyperpigmentation
If you experience hyperpigmentation, then there are numerous possible treatments to treat hyperpigmentation fast. These over the counter medications include creams such as corticosteroids and retinoids. Some drugs are prescribed to restrict the production of melanin. Treatments which affect melanin production are considered the most successful treatments.
2.) Vitamin E for Treating Hyperpigmentation Fast
Vitamin E is considered as the skin vitamin that helps to get rid of hyperpigmentation effectively. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that neutralizes the effect of UV rays of the sun and protects the skin.
Steps to Use Vitamin E to Treat Hyperpigmentation Overnight:
- Break out one vitamin E capsule and extract the oil from it.
- Now add 3 to 4 drops of castor oil to this vitamin E oil.
- Apply this mixture on your dark skin before bedtime. In the next morning, wash it with water.
- You can also make a mask at home with 1 tbsp of blended papaya, content from 2 vitamin E capsules and one-half cup of fuller’s earth. Mix these ingredients to make a paste. Apply this mixture on the affected skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and then use lukewarm water to wash it.
- You can also massage your skin with vitamin E oil for ten minutes. It will reduce the hyperpigmentation.
- Follow either of these remedies daily, for some weeks to get positive results.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation Naturally and Fast
Aloe vera is an excellent natural remedy for hyperpigmented skin due to containing mucilaginous polysaccharides. Aloe vera helps to remove dead skin cells and regenerate new skin cells.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Prevent Hyperpigmentation:
- Before bedtime, apply some aloe vera gel to the hyperpigmented skin and keep it overnight.
- Wash it in the next morning. Do this process daily for a few weeks to get desired results.
- Another method, combine one-half tbsp of raw honey and 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Mix both the ingredients very well and allow it to sit for ten minutes. Now, apply this mixture to the hyperpigmented skin and let it dry. After 20 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once in a day for 2 weeks until you get the even skin tone.
4.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation Scars
Turmeric is one of the best natural remedies for hyperpigmentation treatment. Turmeric helps to get rid of hyperpigmented skin due to its bleaching properties. Also, it keeps the skin infection free.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Reduce Hyperpigmentation:
- Mix 1 tsp of each lemon juice and turmeric powder. Apply this paste on the affected skin. Let it sit and after 20 minutes, wash it with cold water. After applying this paste, avoid going out in the sun. Follow this turmeric remedy daily before taking bath.
- Alternate method, prepare a paste by mixing 5 tbsp of turmeric powder with ten tbsp of milk. Apply this paste on the affected area and massage for 5 Let it dry and after 20 minutes, wash it with warm water.
5.) Lemon to Remove Skin Pigmentation Fast and Naturally
Lemon helps to bleach the skin due to containing citric acid. Using lemon is one of the fastest way to get rid of hyperpigmentation scars. The natural bleaching agent helps to lighten the dark skin.
Steps to Use Lemon for Hyperpigmentation Treatment:
- Extract the lemon juice from one lemon. Rub this juice on the skin with a cotton ball. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it with water. Follow this remedy 2 times a day for a few months until you see the improvement.
- An alternate method, prepare a homemade facial mask by mixing an equal amount of lemon juice and raw honey. Mix both the ingredients very well and then apply this paste to the affected area. Use a warm towel to cover the skin for 15 minutes. Then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. Do this home remedy once a week for a few months.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation Effectively
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to reduce the dark patches on the skin due to hyperpigmentation. Apple cider vinegar contains astringent and skin lightening properties that can restore the skin’s natural color.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Hyperpigmentation Fast:
- Mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar. Use this solution to wash the affected skin. Leave it for 2 to 3 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this home remedy twice a day for a few weeks .
- An alternate method, add 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar to ½ glass of water. Then, add 1 tsp of honey to it. Drink this ACV solution 2 times a day, morning and night for some weeks.
7.) Raw Potato to Treat Hyperpigmentation Fast and Naturally
Raw potato is one of the best home remedies to lighten the hyperpigmented skin and other spots as well. Potatoes contain an enzyme known as catecholase, which helps to lighten the skin tone.
Steps to Use Raw Potato to Lighten the Skin Tone Fast:
- Take a raw potato and peel it. Cut the potato into thick slices. Put some drops of water on the slice of potato and then rub it on the skin for 10 minutes. Then, use lukewarm water to wash it off. Do this remedy 3 to 4 times a day for a month.
- Another method, grate 1 medium sized potato and extract the juice from it. Add a few drops of lemon juice to it and mix it well. Apply this solution on the pigmented skin and leave it for 20 30 minutes before washing it. Repeat this remedy 2 times a day for a month.
8.) Avocados to Get rid of Hyperpigmentation Fast
Avocados are rich in vitamin C, oleic acid and fatty acids that can help to reduce the dark color of the skin. It also contains high amount of vitamin E that can reduce hyperpigmentation.
Steps to Use Avocados to Treat Dark Color of the Skin:
- Take one ripe avocado and mash it properly to make a paste.
- Apply this avocado paste on the affected skin.
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy twice daily for one month to get positive results.
9.) Orange Peel to Reduce the Hyperpigmentation Fast
Using orange peel is one of the best home remedies for treating hyperpigmentation. When you eat an orange, keep the peel as it contains citric acid that has bleaching properties. It helps to get rid of dark patches on the skin.
Steps to Use Orange Peel for Hyperpigmentation Treatment:
- Add 1 tsp of each lemon juice, honey and milk to 1 tbsp of dried orange peel powder.
- Mix all these ingredients very well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the hyperpigmented skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, then massage gently.
- Now, use lukewarm water to wash it off.
- Follow this treatment at least 3 to 4 times a week to reduce the dark skin patches.
10.) Almonds to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation Overnight
Almonds are rich in vitamin E which is good for hyperpigmented skin.
Steps to Use Almonds for Treating Hyperpigmentation:
- Soak 5 almonds in water overnight.
- Next day, separate the almonds from the water and grind the soaked almonds.
- Now add milk to make a smooth paste.
- Add 1tsp of lemon juice and honey to the paste and mix it well.
- Before going to sleep, apply the paste on the hyperpigmented skin.
- In the next morning, use cold water to wash it off.
- Repeat this home remedy every night for 2 weeks and then do it weekly.