After writing how to give a hickey?, how long do hickeys last?, and how to get rid of a hickey fast?, we are now writing how to get rid of hickies? Everyone experience hickey once in a while. When you go out with your partner in the night, then things get fun. You wake up in the morning to get ready for work then you look up in the mirror and see the kiss mark or hickey on your neck. It is quite embarrassing when someone notices your hickey. To avoid the embarrassment, you need to treat hickeys as soon as possible. You can hide hickies with makeup or clothing. This is an article, which will tell you the ways to get rid of hickies or hickeys naturally.
A hickey is also known as love bite or kiss mark which is a kind of bruise. A Hickey is caused by aggressive kissing, biting or sucking another person’s soft skin, usually on the arm or around the neck. Initially, hickey is red in color due to broken blood vessels under the skin. Later on, it will turn dark brown or purple when it heals. Hickeys are not dangerous or painful. There are many ways to treat hickeys such as home remedies and natural remedies. Read this article thoroughly to know about the ways to treat hickeys.
How Long Does a Hickey Last?
A hickey is a temporary mark not a permanent mark. A hickey may last more than a week, but it will heal with time. When it gets healed, there will be no scar or mark.
How Do You Get Hickies?
A hickey can be passionate and fun. Giving hickey to your partner means that you are telling your loved ones about your love. First, put your mouth against the neck in a kissing shape. Keep your mouth slightly open like you are saying the letter ‘O’. Now start sucking in. Suck the soft skin into your mouth that causes the blood vessels to break. The circular area turns bright red.
Best Treatments to Get Rid of Hickies:
1.) Use The Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the best natural remedies to treat hickies. It is a natural moisturizer that helps to reduce the sensitivity of the affected area. It also helps to burst the capillaries underneath the skin due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Read Aloe Vera for acne treatment:
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Remove Hickies Naturally:
- Take a leaf of aloe vera and extract the gel from it.
- Massage this aloe vera gel into the bruise.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day for a week.
- If you don’t have an aloe vera plant at home, then you can use any lotion or cream, which contains aloe vera as an ingredient. Apply this cream or lotion on the affected area 2 or 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days.
2.) Do The Cold Compress
The blood clots need to be broken so that the blood spreads out to heal a hickey. Applying a cold compress on the bruise is one of the effective ways for treating hickeys. You can use any kind of cold compress to reduce bleeding and capillaries.
Steps to Use Cold Compress to Treat a Hickey:
- Take some ice cubes and put them in a paper towel.
- Put this towel on your affected skin and lightly press it against the skin for 15 minutes many times a day.
- An ice pack helps to prevent swelling around the hickey and reduce the mark.
- Don’t apply ice directly on the affected skin as it may cause an ice burn.
- Alternate method, take a spoon and place it in the refrigerator for ten minutes.
- Then, wrap this chilled spoon in a cloth and rub it over the bruise. Do this process many times a day until the hickey is gone.
3.) Take Help From Vitamin K
Vitamin K helps to prevent blood clots and hence can be used to treat love bite. This vitamin helps to speed up the healing process and helps your body to reabsorb the pooled blood.
Steps to Use Vitamin K to Treat Love Mark Fast:
- Apply a cream or lotion that are rich in vitamin K to the bruise 2 to 3 times a day until the mark has gone.
- Eat vitamin K rich foods such as broccoli, brown rice, soybean oil, spinach and fish oil for some days.
- You can also take vitamin K supplements to speed up the healing process.
4.) Use The Peppermint Effectively
Peppermint is one of the effective natural remedy for treating hickies. It helps to improve blood circulation and also heal the capillary vessels.
Steps to Use Peppermint to Heal a Hickey:
- Apply peppermint oil on the bruise. Initially, you will feel tingling sensation, but later it will go away soon. Don’t use this remedy more than 2 times a day as it may irritate the skin.
- Use peppermint based toothpaste and apply it on the love mark for a few minutes. Once the tingling sensation has stopped, use a warm washcloth to wipe it off. Don’t use this peppermint remedy more than once a day. It works best when it is done as fast as possible after getting a hickey.
5.) Apply The Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is one of the best effective remedy for treating hickeys. It is the best ingredient for your hickey. Rubbing alcohol helps to get rid of a hickey fast due to its cooling, disinfectant and soothing properties.
Steps to Use Rubbing Alcohol to Remove Hickies:
- Take some rubbing alcohol and apply it to the affected skin area with the help of a cotton ball.
- Rub the affected area for several minutes. It will help to reduce any discomfort.
- Rubbing alcohol may dry your skin, so apply some moisturizing cream on the skin.
- Do this remedy many times a day for 1 or 2 days to remove a love bite.
6.) Apply The Banana Peel Effectively
Banana peels help to minimize your hickey fast as it contains cooling properties as well as soothing properties.
Steps to Use Banana Peel to Remove a Love Mark:
- Take a ripe banana and cut the peel of it to the size of your bruise.
- Place the inside part of the peel on the bruise for half an hour.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a day to reduce the mark of the bruise.
7.) Use The Warm Compress
Heat is highly effective for a hickey and that should be 2 or 3 days old. It also helps to dilate the capillaries and regenerate new blood to circulate and clean the bruise.
Steps to Use Warm Compress to Remove a Love Mark Fast:
- Take a washcloth and saturate it in hot water.
- Wring out the water and put it on your skin for 5 minutes, 3 times a day.
- You can also use a hair dryer and apply heat on the bruise.
- Then, gently massage with your finger tips to boost the blood circulation.
- You can use a reusable heat patch that you can buy from the pharmacy. It will work best for hickeys.
8.) Oranges to Get Rid of Hickies
Oranges contain a high amount of vitamin C which is very essential nutrient for your body. Vitamin C will help to repair your skin and it will speed up the healing process. It will heal a bruise of hickey very fast. Read foods high in vitamin c.
Steps to Use Oranges to Remove Hickeys:
- Consume fresh orange juice for better results.
- You can also use 500 mg of vitamin C supplements 3 times a day for a week to reconstruct your collagen.
9.) Apply The Cocoa Butter to Area
Cocoa butter works effectively as a healing agent for bruises like love bites. It is an amazing moisturizer and regenerate the new skin tissues.
Steps to Use Cocoa Butter to Treat a Love Bite Fast:
- First, apply a warm compress on the bruises like hickeys.
- Once the area gets warm, then apply some cocoa butter on the skin.
- Massage the affected area for a few minutes.
- This helps to break up the blood clot and promotes blood circulation.
- Do this remedy many times throughout the day.
- You can also use almond oil or olive oil if cocoa butter is not available.
10.) Finger Massage The Area
Massaging is one of the best ways to treat hickies naturally. Massaging will help to improve the blood circulation and reduce the love mark.
Steps to Do Finger Massage to Remove a Love Mark:
- Use any oil such as almond oil, olive oil and tea tree oil for massage.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the affected skin.
- Massage your affected skin twice a day for a few minutes. This will help to heal the hickey bruise.