This article is about ways to cure hiccups. Hiccup is an uncomfortable condition that is caused due to contraction of diaphragm. This condition is not a problem as it hardly lasts for a few minutes. There are several reasons that can lead to hiccups. It can occur due to drink beverages that are carbonated, drinking excessive alcohol, eating too quickly, having spicy foods, overeating, emotional stress or excitement. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best remedies for hiccups. Read more to learn about quickest ways to cure hiccups.
Ways to Cure Hiccups:
Hiccup is caused to contraction of diaphragm. A little distraction to brain can help get rid of it easily. The distraction can be caused even by a little shock. Giving shock to your body is the easiest way to get rid of hiccups. Here shock doesn’t mean electric shock at all. You just have to surprise your brain. Apart from that, there are several remedies that you can go for to treat hiccups easily. Ways to cure hiccups are:
1.) Cold Water to Cure Hiccups
Cold water is one of the best ways to treat hiccups. What you have to do is drink a glass of cold water whenever the problem occurs. It will give a sudden shock to your body and hiccups will stop immediately. Also add a teaspoon of honey to the glass of cold water and drink it quickly.
2.) Hold Your Breath to Cure Hiccups
This is one of the most primitive methods used to get rid of hiccups. Holding your breath distracts your mind by increasing carbon dioxide in your blood. Holding your breath stops hiccups immediately. What you have to do is:
- Take a deep breath and hold your breath for some time.
- Exhale slowly and then again take a deep breath.
- Hold your breath again.
- Keep repeating till the hiccups stop.
3.) Sugar to Cure Hiccups
Sugar is also one of the most effective remedies used to treat hiccups. What you have to do is eat sugar whenever you have hiccups. This is among the best remedies if a child has the problem. Sugar stimulates vagus nerve. Once the vagus nerve is active, it makes forget hiccups. What you have to do is:
- Take a teaspoon of sugar in your mouth.
- Hold it there for five seconds.
- Do not chew sugar. Allow it to dissolve.
- Swallow it and take a sip of water.
4.) Drink Water Upside down to Cure Hiccups
This is also amazing way to shock your brain. What you have to do is drink water upside down that you are not used to. This will shock your brain and hiccups will stop. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of cold water.
- Now bend down from your waist and drink water.
- Drink it from the opposite of the glass.
- This will stop hiccups instantly.
5.) Vinegar to Cure Hiccups
Vinegar is also one of the most effective remedies for hiccups treatment. It has sour taste that distracts mind and hiccups stop. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of water and add a teaspoon of vinegar to it.
- Drink it and hiccups will stop.
6.) Lemon Juice to Cure Hiccups
Lemon juice can also be used to get rid of hiccups fast. Its taste also distracts mind and thus the hiccups stop immediately. What you have to do is:
- Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and swallow it.
- Drink a glass of water.
- If you cannot swallow lemon juice straight, you can add it to half glass of water.
7.) Breath into a Bag to Cure Hiccups
You can also try this method to stop hiccup. What you have to do is breath in a paper bag. This will increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the body that helps stop hiccups. What you have to do is:
- Take a paper bad and cover your mouth tightly with it.
- Now inhale and exhale into a paper bag.
8.) Chamomile Tea to Cure Hiccups
Chamomile tea can also be used as one of the most effective remedies for hiccup treatment. What you have to do is drink a cup of chamomile tea. To make the tea:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add some dried chamomile leaves to it.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to steep.
- Strain the tea and drink it.
- You will get quick relief from the problem.
9.) Cardamom to Cure Hiccups
You can also treat hiccups using cardamom. It has muscle relaxing properties that help stop hiccups immediately. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of boiled water.
- Add teaspoon of cardamom.
- Cover it with a lid and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now, drink it and get rid of hiccups.
10.) Peanut Butter to Cure Hiccups
Peanut butter has thick and sticky consistency. This interrupts the breathing pattern and thus the hiccups stop immediately. What you have to do is:
- Put a teaspoon of peanut butter in your mouth.
- Hold it for some a few seconds and swallow it.
- Drink a glass of water after that.