If there is one thing that people consider to a big problem when they are outside the house is, experiencing diarrhea. When people are suffering from diarrhea, so they cannot concentrate on doing the tasks that they have to do. All they think about is doing to the bathroom and there are even times when the bathroom is not available. It is possible that once in your life you have experienced having diarrhea. Keep reading to know best ways to treat diarrhea.
Apart from the fact that it can be embarrassing in the beginning, the effects of this condition may be felt after some time. more often than not people feel a bit dehydrated and also feel weak after going to the bathroom countless times. Sometimes diarrhea may be accompanied by symptoms like watery stools, frequent loss, nausea, fever, bloating, dehydration and abdominal pain. You use these remedies to treat diarrhea fast.
Ways to Treat Diarrhea:
1.) Ginger to Cure Diarrhea
While a lot of people know that the ginger is used for throat and voice problems, but most are not aware that ginger can be used for some stomach problems. Aside from diarrhea, it can also treat cramps and abdominal pain.
- Grate a small piece of ginger and add one teaspoon of honey in it. take this mixture to promote the release the of gastric juice and improve digestion. Don’t drink water immediately after eating it.
- You can also drink ginger tea two to three times a day to treat diarrhea. You need to slice one piece of ginger and put them in one cup of water. Boil the water for a few minutes and strain the solution and add some honey after drinking it. it you don’t have fresh ginger so you can also use powdered ginger.
2.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Diarrhea
You, especially the one with the live bacterial culture such as bifidobacterium and lactobacillus acidophilus is a great home remedy to cure diarrhea.
- These live cultures help to restore the good bacteria in your body and destroy the bad bacteria which are causing diarrhea.
- According to the study published in the journal of the American Medical Association in 2009, researchers found that probiotics can help to reduce antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
- Just two bowl of yogurt can give can noticeable relief. add or eat a banana with yogurt for added benefits.
3.) Fenugreek seeds to Treat Diarrhea
The main reason why fenugreek is considered to be good items to help to get rid of diarrhea is because to the fact that it has high mucilage content. Mucilage has some components that can stop the bad effects of diarrhea. It also has a strong antidiarrheal effect.
- Take one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds along with one tablespoon of yogurt.
- Or you can use another method, combine one-half teaspoon of each roasted fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds, add two tablespoons of yogurt and mix them well. Take this mixture three times a day to treat diarrhea.
4.) Chamomile tea to Cure Diarrhea
Although all types of tea have possible effects on the body, one tea which is particularly used to help to relieve the pains caused by diarrhea is chamomile tea. The great thing about this tea is, it has antispasmodic properties that can provide relief from the abdominal pains accompanying stomach disorder and diarrhea. Chamomile tea is also helpful in reducing the intestinal inflammation.
- You can make chamomile tea by steeping one teaspoon of chamomile flowers with one teaspoon of peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain this solution and drink this tea few times a day.
- You can also drink your green tea to help your digestive system work properly.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Diarrhea
Apple cider vinegar is known to have a lot of properties that can use to help the different problems that you are experiencing with your body. It is an effective home remedy to cure diarrhea. It acts as an effective agent against the bacteria that causes diarrhea.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water
- Drink this solution once or twice a day until your diarrhea gets cure.
6.) Black Seed Oil to cure Diarrhea
Black seed oil is used in the treatment of various health problems such as asthma, colic, diarrhea and constipation. To treat diarrhea, you can use black seed oil.
- Mix one teaspoon of black seed oil in a cup of yogurt
- Eat this mixture twice a day until your symptoms of diarrhea are completely gone.
- These remedies can have different effects on different people depending on the intensity and the cause of diarrhea. If your symptoms don’t improve within three to four days so you can see a doctor.
7.) Carrot Soup to Treat Diarrhea
Carrot soup is a high bulk food and it has antiseptic effects. It is particularly good for children recuperating from diarrhea because it can provide essential nutrients lost during diarrhea.
- Take 500 g of carrots and wrap, scape and finely chop them.
- Pressure cook the carrot with more than half cup of water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the liquid.
- Add a little amount of salt for taste.
- Consume this soup fresh daily for a few days to treat diarrhea.
8.) White Rice to Cure Diarrhea
There are some people who avoid eating white rice because it doesn’t have any distinct taste. Pain white rice is among the bland foods that are recommended to eat during diarrhea because they are easy to digest. They can also help to decrease a number of stools by adding bulk to the stools.
You need to eat a small amount of plain white rice without even added any sauce and spices. Gradually increase the amount of rice as your diarrhea recover.
9.) Bananas to Treat Diarrhea
When you are dealing with diarrhea, it is recommended to eat a banana because of its high pectin content. Pectin is a water soluble fiber that can help to reduce diarrhea. As bananas are high in potassium so an electrolyte that supports a number of vital functions in the body. You can also mix banana with another component to help to relieve stomach problems including diarrhea.
- You can eat banana alone as a snack or you can mix it with other ingredients such as plain yogurt or nuts. But do remember that you need to ripe to get its full effects. An unripe banana can cause some problems with the digestive system.
10.) Peppermint tea to Cure Diarrhea
A lot of people only know that peppermint is something which is used for different candies. There are times when peppermint can also be used to flavor different drinks. It is also a good ingredient to use to help to relieve stomach problems. It is considered as one of the best remedy to treat diarrhea.
- The first thing which you need to do is to make sure that the springs of mint that you are going to place should be clean. Then you can steep a few springs of mint with hot water for a few minutes. then wait for the water to get cool at room temperature and then take a sip.
11.) BRAT diet to Treat Diarrhea
There will be some people who have heard about the BRAT diet but have never tried it in the past. Those who don’t know it stands for Banana, Rice, applesauce and toast. This is considered as one of the best diet to treat diarrhea.
- You need to do is mix up small portions of each food product for each meal that you are going to take. Keep in mind that it is okay if you mix in rice with soups so that you will have some taste.
- Avoid putting butter on your toast because this may further aggravate your condition.
- Desserts are much easier to eat because of apple sauce and banana both taste good.
- Keep in that always eat in small portions to not upset your stomach further.
12.) Clear liquid to Treat Diarrhea
People who are not suffering from anything are recommended to drink about 8 glass of water a day and those who are suffering from diarrhea have to drink about 10 glass of water a day to ensure dehydration will not take place.
- For those people who are not much into drinking water, other clear liquids may come in the form of soups and broths that can be done right at home.
- Keep in mind to add a healthy ingredient to help to relive and not aggravate the symptoms brought about by diarrhea.